If you’ve been wondering where to buy top-quality CBD products in Hawaii, then wonder no longer. Our brief guide showing you where to buy CBD oil in Hawaii will point you in the right direction.
CBD in Hawaii: Things You Should Know
As most consumers realize, the CBD market is still growing at a remarkable pace. Therefore, there’s no shortage of brands or products to choose from. But, if it’s your first time buying CBD, you may become easily overwhelmed with all of the options out there.
Finding the best CBD oil brands and products in Hawaii is a breeze once you know where to buy them. Before jumping on the first product you see, it’s best to know that not all brands and products are created equal. In fact, there are a lot of brick and mortar stores in Hawaii that sell products containing significantly less CBD than what they advertise. Sadly, some of those products may even contain dangerous pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, and heavy metals.
Is CBD Oil Legal in Hawaii?
CBD oil is legal to buy in Hawaii as long as it contains 0.3% or less THC. For those who are new to the world of CBD, THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is one of the main cannabinoid compounds in the hemp and marijuana plant. When taken in large quantities, THC can cause a euphoric “high” sensation. Thankfully, because of the 2018 Farm Bill, all hemp-based CBD is legal throughout the United States. Since the hemp plant is bred to contain low levels of THC, it’s extremely unlikely that you’ll get “high” from using hemp-based CBD products. Conversely, marijuana contains large amounts of THC and will make you feel a psychoactive buzz when you use it.
Is Marijuana Legal in Hawaii?
Marijuana-based CBD products are not federally legal. They are legal, however, in states that have medicinal and/or recreational marijuana laws on their books. Medical use of marijuana was legalized in Hawaii through legislation that was passed in the year 2000. This made Hawaii the first state to legalize medicinal marijuana through the state legislature instead of a ballot initiative.
Recreational marijuana use is illegal in Hawaii. Anyone who is caught with more than an ounce of marijuana can potentially get 30 days in jail and a $1,000 fine. If you are caught with more than that, the fine is doubled and you can spend up to a year in prison. Interestingly, if you’re caught possessing cannabis concentrates, it’s punishable with up to three years in jail and a $5,000 fine.
While many famous marijuana strains have come out of Hawaii that include Maui Wowi, Kona Gold, and Kauai Electric, the state has been only slowly developing its marijuana laws. It’s possible that marijuana use was a regular occurrence in Hawaii before it was absorbed into the United States on January 17, 1893. After that, the state was subject to any and all laws and regulations set forth by the United States government. The state, however, did make it possible to possess up to three grams of marijuana without harsh penalties in 2019 through Bill 758. Under this new bill, there is only a $350 fine for being caught with an ounce or less.
As stated earlier, medicinal marijuana is legal in Hawaii. The state expanded its medical marijuana program in 2015 under Act 214, or The Medical Marijuana Dispensary Program, to allow licensed locations to sell marijuana to eligible patients. Hawaii last attempted to legalize recreational marijuana use on five different bills around 13 years ago. All of these bills failed.
Where to Buy CBD Oil in Hawaii
In Hawaii you can find CBD both in brick and mortar stores as well as online. It's up to you whether you prefer to stroll through a store or browse through products online, but whatever you choose, be sure to do your research. Any CBD product you buy should be supported by a money-back guarantee and proof of third party lab testing. If you can't get that information, then move on to the next.
Buying CBD Oil online in Hawaii
One great reason to shop online for your CBD is that products tend to be more affordable than the ones sold in stores. Online brands don’t have to pay for the operational costs that come with running a brick and mortar location, therefore, they can offer more affordable prices, discounts, rewards programs, and deals for products in bulk. Also, when you shop online, you can spend as much time as you need looking into products and brands. This way, you can educate yourself on the brand, its products, and CBD in general. When you visit a physical location, there’s no guarantee that the employees will be able to answer your questions, or that they’ll be able to answer in as thorough a manner as you would like them to. Shopping online gives you the opportunity to look at verified customer reviews, third-party lab reports, the brand’s social media presence, and any articles written about the brand by industry journalists and experts.
Buying CBD Oil Locally in Hawaii
We've listed a few local CBD shops in the Honolulu area below. However, there are plenty of CBD shops on the other islands as well, so a quick search will yield lots of options for you.
Medic808 CBD Store
98-1005 Moanalua Rd Suite #106, Aiea, HI 96701
CBD Haven by Vim N' Vigor
Ala Moana Shopping Center near Post office, 1450, Ala Moana Blvd #1014, Honolulu, HI 96814
Paradise CBD and Vapes
661 Ke’eaumoku St Unit 106-A, Honolulu, HI 96814
CBD Oil in Hawaii: Online Shops vs Local Stores
While there are many brick and mortar stores that sell a host of top-quality CBD products from reputable brands, at the end of the day it’s easier to purchase CBD oil from a trusted brand online. Online brands, like FAB CBD, offer a wider selection of CBD products than vendors at physical locations. Additionally, you can take all the time you need to shop online for your CBD without concern about store hours. Moreover when shopping online, you can choose from CBD gummies, topical creams, CBD pet products, capsules, oils, and more.
What to Look for When Buying CBD Oil in Hawaii
If you’re new to buying CBD, then you should know that the CBD market is fairly unregulated and less reputable brands can mislabel their products. Sadly, many products sold in stores or vape shops have been reported to contain less CBD than is printed on the bottle. Some of these products can also be loaded with dangerous chemicals or solvents. If price is a concern, then you needn’t worry. There are many highly reputable brands that sell top-notch CBD at affordable prices. Therefore, the toughest thing about buying CBD oil in Hawaii is knowing where to purchase it.
Some tips for buying CBD in Hawaii that will help you steer clear of poor quality oils are:
- Never buy CBD from brands that make wild claims - Steer clear from brands that claim their CBD oil cures cancer or any other health issues.
- Always buy CBD products from brands that use a third-party lab -When a brand uses an independent lab to routinely test all of its products, not only is the brand telling you they care about the quality of their products, they’re also letting you know that transparency is a top priority for them. When you read third-party lab reports, you can look for the amount of solvents, heavy metals, fungicides, pesticides, herbicides, and the overall cannabinoid content in a product.
- Buy products from brands that use the industry preferred CO2 extraction process - The CO2 extraction process ensures that the extracts will be clean, potent, and safe for the consumer. The CO2 method doesn’t use any solvents or heat that could contaminate the extracts or ruin its chemical profile. Moreover, the equipment needed for CO2 extraction is very expensive. Therefore, if a brand is using the CO2 extraction method, you’ll know that it’s committed to producing high-quality products.
- Research where the brand sources its hemp from - Hemp plants can easily absorb substances from the environment they are grown in. When brands source their hemp from organic farms, the plants are grown in clean soil that’s also fertile. Therefore, the plants contain flowers that are rich in CBD. What results is top-quality, organic CBD extracts.
- Choose full-spectrum products - Full-spectrum CBD contains all of the phytonutrients, terpenes, and cannabinoids in the hemp plant. In order to take in all of the good stuff that the hemp plant has to offer, it’s better to opt for full-spectrum products. Even though full-spectrum products contain 0.3% or less THC, some people may still have concerns for various reasons. In light of that, they can always choose a broad spectrum or a CBD isolate product. Broad spectrum CBD is akin to full-spectrum CBD, but it does not contain any THC. CBD isolates, however, only contain 99% pure CBD as the rest of the hemp plant’s parts have been filtered out using a special process.
Summary on Legality and Buying CBD Oil in Hawaii
If you want to legally buy CBD oil in Hawaii without worrying about getting “high,” then your best bet is to purchase CBD oil online from reputable brands like FAB CBD. When you take the time to do some research, you’ll learn valuable information about the brand, its products, and about CBD in general. And by reading verified customer reviews, third-party lab reports, and the words of respected CBD journalists and industry experts, you’ll be able to best decide if you’re on the right path to choosing the best products for your unique goals and needs from a highly transparent brand with a solid reputation. When it comes to buying CBD, education is of utmost importance because it will help you to best avoid buying CBD oil from shady brands that craft low-quality oils packed with harmful chemicals and dangerous solvents. So, when living in Hawaii, that local brick and mortar store in your neighborhood might not be one of the best places to get your CBD from. When it comes to CBD, online shopping has been gaining popularity among many regular consumers.