Fact vs Fiction: Common Myths About CBD
1. Hemp and Marijuana are the Same ThingThis is false. Hemp and Marijuana are different plants, but people get confused because they are both in the cannabis family. So they share a lot of characteristics and components, but they are not the same thing. CBD products can be made from either kind of plant, but the CBD that is legally sold in most states comes from the hemp plant. Once you get a mental picture of hemp and marijuana being two separate species of plant that both come from the cannabis family, the rest of the differences begin to make more sense.
2. CBD Will Get You HighThis statement is false. CBD is short for cannabidiol, which is one of the many cannabinoids found in the hemp and marijuana plants. CBD by itself is non-psychoactive. However, in many CBD products (like oils, gummies, or topical creams), CBD is often accompanied by other naturally occurring cannabinoids. This is where the specifics come into play. If you’re taking any CBD products that were made from the marijuana plant, then they could contain high amounts of THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, which is the cannabinoid known for its psychoactive effects. Because of these elevated THC levels, you can get high.
Conversely, by law, all hemp-derived CBD products must contain 0.3% or less of THC in order to be legally sold and purchased within the United States. Because the hemp plant is bred to naturally contain low levels of THC, there is no way that anyone can get “high” from taking hemp-derived CBD oil. So while it’s true that you can get high from CBD oil made from marijuana, it’s false that you can get high from CBD oil made from hemp.
3. CBD Works the Same for EveryoneThis statement is absolutely false. What is true is that everyone’s body is different. Therefore, what works best for one person might not work that great for someone else. There are many different factors that can determine how well CBD works for one person over another. Some of these are: body weight, health conditions, metabolism, genetics, and biochemistry. A lower strength oil (like FAB CBD’s 300mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil) at 10mg a day might work amazingly for one person, while a higher strength and dose oil (like our 1200mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil) at 20mg a day might work better for someone else. Moreover, some people may find that they need a different delivery system entirely. If that’s the case and CBD oil isn’t working for them, they may want to try our Topical CBD Cream, or our Full-Spectrum CBD Body Salve, or even a gummy like FAB CBD “Anytime” CBD Chews or “Nighttime” CBD Chews. One of the main things to learn about CBD is that it takes time, patience, and consistency to both find the right product as well as the right dose for your body and your health needs.
4. CBD Dosage is One-Size-Fits-AllThis is false. As we stated earlier, everyone’s body is different. There are many variables that go into finding the right CBD oil dose to take. For example, body weight, the condition you’re attempting to treat, your unique body chemistry, and the concentration of CBD oil all play a part in finding your best CBD oil dose. Moreover, in order to achieve a successful CBD oil regimen, it’s imperative to be patient and consistent. It takes time to go through the method of finding the right dose for your body. Likewise, consistency — taking the oil around the same time(s) each and every day — will ensure that the CBD levels in your body are stable, thus allowing you to receive the most benefits overall.
5. CBD Won’t Ever Make You Fail a Drug TestThis statement can be a bit tricky to answer. The short of it is that there is a possibility of failing a drug test if you consume any CBD products that contain THC. Even though all hemp-derived full-spectrum CBD oils will not get you high because they contain 0.3% or less THC, you can still receive a false positive result for cannabis or THC on a urine drug screening. If you are in a situation where you need to submit to regular drug testing, you might want to opt for a CBD product which is either broad spectrum or one that only uses CBD isolate. Broad spectrum CBD products still contain all of the beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, and phytonutrients as full-spectrum CBD products, however, they do not contain any THC. CBD isolates contain only 99% pure CBD, as all of the other parts of the hemp plant have been thoroughly filtered out through a special process. Learn more about the differences between full spectrum CBD, broad spectrum CBD, and CBD isolate here. One final note on drug tests is that there are multiple things that can cause a false positive. Drug tests are not perfect, and no matter how careful you are with your CBD choices, there is never a guarantee that a drug test will be accurate every time.
CBD Oil Facts Over Myths: Closing ThoughtsThere’s a wealth of information out there about hemp-derived CBD oil and marijuana-derived CBD oil. The trick is filtering through it all to find the truth about both of these CBD oil types. The main thing to remember is that all hemp-derived CBD oil is legal throughout the entire United States thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill. There are, however, different state laws regarding hemp-based CBD products, so you might want to look at the laws for your particular state before making any purchases.
Always purchase your CBD oil from a reputable brand, like FAB CBD, whose products are routinely tested by an independent third-party lab for potency and purity, and who cares both about its customers and about being transparent. Moreover, reputable brands make all lab reports easy for customers to find on their website, and also certify that their CBD oils contain 0.3% or less THC so that they fall within the legal guidelines. Here are a few more tips and guidelines for avoiding fake or poor quality CBD oils. When you purchase CBD oil from reputable brands with high standards, many of the questions you have will be answered. Since 2017, FAB CBD has been on a mission to create the cleanest and most effective CBD products for customers so that they can meet and exceed all of their health goals through living a preventative wellness lifestyle. FAB CBD has a wealth of top-shelf products to choose from including full-spectrum CBD oils, CBD+CBG Oil, Topical CBD Cream, Full-Spectrum CBD Body Salve, “Anytime” CBD Gummies, “Nighttime” PM CBD Chews, and more. Now that you’re equipped with a clearer picture of the CBD world, you can more easily select the product that’s best for you!