Researchers are turning their attention to hemp and they're finding amazing results, and not just for humans. CBD is found to have life-changing results your dogs & cats can benefit from as well.
We've put together 10 things you may not know about CBD and where the research shows it can help you, your dog or cat at home!
1. CBD Won't Get You High
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a compound found in cannabis and hemp but it won't get you high like the very famous compound THC. Instead, CBD affects what is known as the endocannabinoid system which directly effects a series of receptors throughout the body. Just like humans, cats and dogs have an endocannabioid system too. In pets, these receptors are found in the central nervous system, brain, peripheral organs, bones, liver, skin and immune cells.
2. CBD Oil Reduces Anxiety & Stress
Does your dog jump for joy as soon as you walk through the door? Many pets can suffer from separation anxiety. CBD is responsible for managing the endocrine system, a network of chemicals responsible for releasing hormones that directly contribute to stress & anxiety. In humans, CBD can help:
- Reduce anxiety caused by public speaking
- Reduce anxiety in both healthy people and people with anxiety disorders
- Be effective for panic disorders and post-traumatic stress disorders
3. CBD Can Fight Cancer Cells
CBD decreases the ability of cancer cells to produce energy leading to their death. Due to its natural anti-inflammatory role it is a positive aid on pain associated disorders involved with cancerous activity.
- CBD aids the immune system’s killer cells to cause cancer cell death.
- CBD’s anti-tumor properties slow and inhibit glioma cell growth.
- CBD can help increase the efficacy of conventional cancer treatment.