If you’re like most people, then chances are you’ve been unable to chill out lately. With all the disruptions from the Coronavirus pandemic, it seems that everyone’s routine has been turned upside down. Or maybe it’s all those work deadlines that have you unable to relax. Maybe it’s that daily drive on a gridlocked highway has your blood boiling. Whatever the reason or reasons, the point is that you need to take the time to chill out. Not taking the time to properly rest and relax can lead to many unwanted health conditions. Instead of letting life’s craziness get the best of you, we’ve come up with some ways to help you chill out and relax. Feel free to use these suggestions as a starting point, and then get creative and come up with some of your own!
Your How-to Guide to Stay ChillWhen it comes to creating a list of activities to help you keep chill, remember to just keep it simple. The more complex an activity is, the more chances there will be for you to not be able to relax. These suggestions are merely a beginner’s guide to keeping chill during times when it may be hard for you to do so. Enjoy!
Drink Some CBD-Infused Herbal TeaHerbal teas are a wonderful go-to when you need to quickly chill out. Nothing says it’s time to relax more than curling up in your favorite armchair with a soft fluffy blanket and a steaming hot cup of soothing herbal tea. But what if we told you that you can elevate this experience? Instead of having your same old regular cup of tea, why not add some CBD oil into it? Simply make your cup of tea as normal and then add in a half dropper or so of FAB’s full-spectrum 300mg CBD oil in any of FAB’s delicious flavors. Choose from citrus, berry, mint, vanilla, or natural. No matter which flavor you choose, your relaxation level will turn up a notch.
Redecorate Your RoomYour environment has a big impact on your mental state. If there’s a room in your house or apartment that is in need freshening up, now’s the time to do it. Schedule out a block of time to rearrange furniture, put some new paint on the walls, or simply switch out some decorations. When you make your favorite space more inviting, chances are you’ll seek it out more often as a retreat to help you chill. When it comes to brightening up a room, some things you can try are: *Rearranging furniture *Swapping out decorations and chachkis. *Painting the walls in a new, soothing color. *Hanging up some interesting artwork or photographs *Placing new throw pillows on couches and chairs *Throwing a warm, fuzzy, soft blanket over your couch or armchair *Swapping out Venetian blinds for Roman shades *Changing out lamps or lampshades for a new look and feel
Cook Up Something New and Exciting for DinnerDinner doesn’t have to be the same old, same old. It can be very cathartic and exciting to try a recipe you’ve never made before. Fresh ingredients are not only good for you, they’re also inspiring. Pick a recipe that you can add some of your own style and flare to. Have fun with it. Below, we’ve given you a simple recipe to begin with that can be tweaked and changed throughout time.
CBD-Infused Lemon Butter TilapiaThis beautiful meal will take you no time at all to make. You can switch it up however you want by using different types of fish, herbs, spices, and garnishes. The addition of a little CBD oil will bring this savory dish to the next level. Ingredients: 4, 4 Ounce Tilapia Fillets ½ Teaspoon Salt ¼ Teaspoon Pepper 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil ¼ Cup Butter, Cubed ¼ Cup White Wine or Chicken Broth 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice 1 Dropper-Full of FAB’s 300mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil in Citrus Flavor Preparation: Gently rub salt and pepper onto the fillets. In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the fillets to the pan and cook until the fish begins to easily flake with a fork. (About 2 or 3 minutes each side.) Remove the fish from the heat and keep warm. Add butter, wine, lemon juice, and CBD oil to the same pan. Cook over low heat and stir until all the butter is melted. Serve the sauce over the fish. Use whatever vegetables you would like as garnish.
Get to Bed an Hour Earlier
Setting yourself up for a great night of sleep is imperative to boosting your immune system. Likewise, going to bed an hour earlier will allow you to relax sooner and bank more sleeping time. When your body is well-rested, you are able to more effectively and efficiently handle anything that comes at you during your day. There are a lot of things that you can do to prepare for a great night’s sleep. The Mayo Clinic suggests that you:
1. Stick with a solid sleep schedule. This means going to bed and waking up at the same time every night and every morning. This will reinforce your body’s own sleep-wake cycle.
2. Be mindful of what you’re eating and drinking. Never go to bed hungry or very full. Avoid large, heavy meals about two hours prior to bedtime. The discomfort from being too full or too hungry will cause you discomfort and ultimately keep you up at night. You should also steer clear of caffeine and nicotine before bed, as these are both stimulants that disturb sleep.
3. Create a soothing sleep environment. A great sleeping environment is a room that is cool, quiet, and dimly lit or dark. Comfortable sheets and blankets and your favorite pillow will also help do the trick.
4. Don’t nap during the day. Even though that midday nap feels like a great idea, it can actually cause you to stay up later at night. Avoid naps late in the day. If you do need to nap, however, do so earlier in the day and limit the nap time to a half hour.
5. Get moving. When you incorporate exercise into your daily routine, you will sleep better. Regular exercise actually promotes more restful sleep. All exercise should be stopped the closer it gets to bedtime, however, as it can disrupt your sleep. Find ways to keep calm. There are a lot of things that will absolutely prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep. Find ways to let your worries go. Some things that help are meditation, journaling, listening to soft music, and even making a to-do list as a way to organize your upcoming tasks. Along with these basic tips, you can also throw a little aromatherapy into the mix. Essential oils are a great way to help promote relaxation and feelings of happiness. A simple essential oil diffuser is a wonderful way to infuse your room with the smell of lavender, sweet orange, chamomile, peppermint, eucalyptus, and other scents. If you aren’t able to get a diffuser right away, then FAB CBD’s topical CBD cream will also do the trick. FAB’s topical cream is smooth, silky, non-greasy, and has a subtle blood orange scent. Simply massage some cream into your pulse points and on your neck, and let the sweet orange scent and benefits of CBD help relax you.