Those gummy candies you loved as a kid are all grown up. Thanks to an infusion of CBD, gummies have now become a popular treat for adults to take every day. Today, adults take gummies for a good variety of reasons. In fact, just about any supplement can and has been transformed into gummy form: calcium supplements, multivitamins, hair, skin, and nail support, and so much more. Today, CBD infused gummies burst onto the scene with rave reviews from consumers. And because hemp-derived CBD products are federally legal throughout the United States, it’s pretty easy to get your hands on top-quality gummies made by highly respected and trusted brands.
Can You Get “High” From Taking CBD Gummies?
Hemp-based CBD gummies will not cause you to feel “high” after taking them. Even though by law they must only contain 0.3% or less THC, the small amount of this cannabinoid that causes a euphoric effect is not enough to evoke a “high” sensation. CBD gummies can come in full-spectrum, broad spectrum, or CBD isolate varieties. Full and broad spectrum gummies contain all of the terpenes, cannabinoids, and phytonutrients in the hemp plant, but broad spectrum gummies don’t contain any THC. Therefore, if you have concerns about THC, or are subjected to regular drug tests, then you might want to opt for broad spectrum or CBD isolate gummies.
Should You Make Your Own CBD Gummies?
There are many reasons why you can make your own CBD gummies, but it’s entirely up to you to decide if you should be making them based on your needs and time. In general, you might choose to make your own CBD gummies because:
A Quick Recipe for CBD Gummies
This quick CBD gummy recipe is easy and delicious. We recommend using FAB CBD Full-Spectrum CBD oil, or another full- or broad spectrum oil from a reputable brand so that you’ll be able to pack your gummies with the hemp plant’s goodness of terpenes, phytonutrients, and cannabinoids.
What You’ll Need
- Food-grade Silicone Molds (Make Sure They’re BPA-free)
- Medium-Sized Saucepan
- Oven Mitts
- 1 Cup of Your Choice of Fruit Juice (Stay away from kiwi, pineapple, and papaya juice because they interfere with the gelling process.)
- 2 Tbsp. of Gelatin
- 2 Tbsp local honey
- 2ml of 1200mg FAB CBD Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
- Heat the juice in the saucepan on low heat to a simmer.
- Mix in the gelatin and honey and whisk for one minute until combined.
- Shut off the heat. Incorporate the CBD oil. Slowly whisk the mixture once more to ensure all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour the liquid into the mold. Use the funnel to ensure that you don’t spill any of the liquid. Use caution because the liquid will be hot, so you may have to use your oven mitts.
- Once you’ve poured the liquid into the mold, transfer it to the refrigerator so it can solidify.
- After about a half-hour, you can check to see if the gummies have set. If so, remove them from the mold.
- Optional: You can also put some natural sugar into a sandwich bag and add a few gummies at a time. Close the bag and shake. This will coat your gummies with sugar.
- Store your gummies in an airtight container. They will expire in about 10 days. If the weather is warm, or you live in a warmer region, then you may want to store your gummies in your refrigerator.
How Can You Figure Out Your Optimal CBD Dose?
Making your CBD gummies is easy. Figuring out your best CBD dose is a little more involved. The great thing about making your own CBD gummies is that you can decide ahead of time how potent you want them to be. A simple way to figure out your best CBD dose for your batch of gummies is to:
- Decide the dose you want each gummy to be.
- Multiply that dose by the number of gummies you’ll be making.
- Look at the concentration of FAB CBD oil that you’re using to figure out how much oil you’ll need to add.
As an example, if you’re making 60 gummies and you need for each gummie to contain 2mg of CBD and you’re using FAB CBD Full Spectrum Oil in 1200mg, then the calculation is as follows:
- 2mg of CBD per gummy x 60 gummies = 120mg of oil
- 120mg of oil divided by 40mg per mL = 3mL of CBD oil for your recipe
To figure out how many mg of CBD is in a mL (or dropperfull) you need to divide 1200mg of CBD by 30mL. So 1200mg divided by 30mL =40mg. This means that there are 40mg of CBD per dropper full of FAB CBD 1200mg full spectrum oil.
Useful Tips and Tricks for Excellent Gummies
- Don’t let your liquid get to a rolling boil. Hot liquid will break down the components in the CBD oil and also cause a weird flavor.
- You can also add in Vitamin C powder to your gummies for an extra boost.
- Because oil and water don’t mix, you’ll need to work quickly to make sure your mixture doesn’t separate as you’re adding it into your mold.
- Tart cherry juice is also an excellent juice to use in the making of your gummies.
- Only use gelatin in your recipe, as collagen will not gel.
Is This Feeling Too Complicated?
If you don’t want to take the time to make your own gummies or if you feel like there will be a lot of unnecessary hassle involved in this process, then you can always buy CBD gummies instead. FAB CBD has two amazing gummy options to choose from: “Anytime” CBD gummies or “Nighttime” PM CBD gummies. Our gummies are tasty, easy to use, and fun to take. They’re excellent for anyone who doesn’t want to mess around with dosages and great for people with an on-the-go lifestyle. The CBD dose in each gummy is predetermined, so there’s no figuring anything out. “Anytime” gummies contain 25mg of pure CBD isolate per gummy, while our “Nighttime” PM CBD Chews contain 12.5mg of clean and potent broad spectrum CBD per gummy. Not only that, but “Anytime” gummies come in tasty fruit flavors, while “Nighttime” gummies come in a delicious Ashwagandha flavor. With our special “Nighttime” gummies, you’ll also be able to take advantage of all the good stuff that L-Theanine, Melatonin, GABA, and 5-HTP have to offer.
Along with the convenience of buying gummies from a reputable brand, you also won’t have to worry so much about shelf life. When you make your own gummies, you’ll only have just 10 days to eat them. Professionally made gummies, like the ones we craft at FAB CBD, can last up to two years. This is a big fact to take into consideration before making your own CBD gummies. So, while making your own gummies can be fun and easy, you might want to take advantage of the convenience, shelf life, and ease that come along with high-quality gummies made by respected brands.